• Creator
    Topic
    Derek Bagshaw
    Keymaster
      • Responder
      • Trustee
      • Controller

Earlier this evening the following message was sent out.

H&B 4×4 Response: Please reply 458 We may be asked to assist with the take down for Boomtown on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th. Please indicate your availability.

A single message can have up to 160 characters, more than this and it will be sent in multiple parts, the above is exactly 160. At the moment it is a standby situation, to establish how we will be able to respond if the request comes as a result of the expected bad weather.

There have been quite a few error messages received., so to help anyone not sure of how to reply,here are some examples of possible replies (responder number not needed). The number allocated to the message (458 in this case) needs to be the first thing stated in the reply, and then a space before any more text, this enables the system to direct the reply to the correct place. Then whatl we need is if you are available or not, and if there is a limit on your time.

458 Available both days

458 Available Monday pm only

458 Available Tuesday until 1600

458 unavailable.

thanks in anticipation.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Derek Bagshaw
      Keymaster
        • Responder
        • Trustee
        • Controller

We currently have 34 members yet to reply.

simon cragg
        Participant
          • Responder

It used to be understood that if you did not reply then you were not available; is this not true?

Derek Bagshaw
          Keymaster
            • Responder
            • Trustee
            • Controller

Yes that could well be the case, there were 18 failed responses, and sometimes the message does not reach the recipient. It was just a gentle elbow jog in case someone had been waiting to check and may have forgotten, it also bumped the thread in case it got buried by a similar one. I always respond, unavailable is only 11 letters (plus 3 for the arm number) and is easy to send.

Alan Rackett
            Participant

Never received a text a

Due to me being deleted but I’m available both days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike.c.sutton
                  • Trustee

And also a month late…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.